mbu reviews covid-19 planning as st. louis county announces safer at home order
in light of st. louis county’s safer at home order, missouri baptist university remains committed to providing an educational environment devoted to the health and well-being of the entire mbu community.
the safer at home order, which goes into effect nov. 17, encourages st. louis county residents to stay at home to the extent possible, limits many businesses to a 25 percent occupancy and prohibits restaurants from offering indoor services. while the order excludes schools, mbu’s covid-19 action team continues to review the university’s comprehensive spartan strong plan to ensure student and employee safety remains paramount.
highlights of the plan:
- anyone who visits campus must complete a daily covid-19 assessment using the spartan safe app.
- face coverings must be worn indoors at all time and outdoors when physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- after thanksgiving, mbu will pivot online for the final week of class and the week of final exams.
- mbu athletics continues to adhere to all naia and amc guidelines, including abbreviated seasons, daily temperatures checks of athletes, no spectators at indoor competitions and limited travel. mbu’s fitness center is limiting use to 25 percent of capacity and face coverings must be worn while exercising.
- the university is limiting special event attendance to 25 percent of regular occupancy.
- physical distancing is encouraged through limited seating in the perk and dining hall, directional signage and floor markings.
- modified work environments for faculty and staff, including temporary barriers and some remote working for staff.
missouri baptist university is a christ-centered university located in saint louis. mbu offers more than 40 undergraduate degrees, graduate degrees in education, business and religion and its new terminal degree, the doctor of education. in addition to its 66-acre west st. louis county campus, mbu offers degree programs at 10 regional learning centers throughout saint louis, in southern illinois and online. for more information, go to www.mobap.edu or call 1-877-434-1115.